Sweepstakes Official Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. The sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States. Entries received from persons residing in geographic areas in which entry is not permissible will be disqualified. Entrants must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry. Sweepstakes is not open to officers, directors, employees or agents of Random House LLC (the “Sponsor”), or Sponsor’s parent(s), divisions, subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies, licensees, advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Excluded Parties”). Immediate family members, their children and spouses, and persons living in the household of Excluded Parties are not eligible to enter or win. One (1) entry per person. If multiple entries are received from any person in violation of these rules, all such entries will be disqualified. Sweepstakes is and shall hereafter be subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Enter by completing and submitting the electronic form at http://www.signature-reads.com/stings-spies-and-fbi-agents-the-true-characters-of-american-hustle/26675/. Only entries submitted electronically, in accordance with these rules, by the above-described method of entry, will be eligible for consideration, and all entries must be received by Sponsor during the Entry Period as defined below. Automated entries are prohibited and any use of automated devices will result in disqualification. Incomplete or inaccurate entries will be deemed void. Sponsor is not responsible for computer, telephone or other malfunction resulting in late, lost or misdirected entries. Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder, as of the time of entry, of the e-mail address from which submission occurs. The “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address means the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail.
3. ENTRY PERIOD: Entry period commences at 7:00 a.m. (EST) on December 17, 2013 and expires at 11:59 PM (EST) on December 20, 2013 (the “Entry Period”). On or about December 21, 2013 (the “Drawing”), five (5) winners (the “Winners”) will be selected by Sponsor in a random drawing from among all eligible entries. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received by Sponsor during the Entry Period.
4. PRIZES: Five Winners will receive one (1) copy each of The Sting Man by Sponsor (the “Prizes.”) The approximate retail value (ARV) of the Prize is US $16.00.
5. RESTRICTIONS: All taxes (federal, state and local), fees and surcharges on prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner. The Prizes are non-transferable. Substitution of a Prize or any portion thereof, by the Winner is prohibited. No cash redemption permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prizes (or any portion thereof) with another prize of comparable or greater value, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. SELECTION OF WINNER: On or about December 21, 2013, five (5) Winners will be selected by Sponsor in a random drawing from among all eligible entries. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received by Sponsor during the Entry Period. Notification of Winner will occur on, about or after January 3, 2013, via the email address provided with the online entry. Any Winner’s failure to acknowledge receipt/acceptance of a Prize within five (5) days after notification is sent by Sponsor, or the return of any Prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification of the Winner without further notice and an alternate Winner will be selected at random from among the remaining eligible Entrants. Winners must, within ten (10) days following notification by Sponsor, prove eligibility to the satisfaction of the Sponsor, including verification of age and residence. At the discretion of Sponsor, Winners may be required to: (i) sign an affidavit (a) releasing Sponsor and Excluded Parties from any and all liability, claims, demands and causes of action for personal injury, death and/or damage, theft, or loss suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes, and/or the use or acceptance of a Prize or any portion thereof and (b), where permitted by law, granting Sponsor the right to use a Winner’s name, voice and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in any and all media whether now existing or hereafter invented, in perpetuity without compensation, and (c) establishing eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules and (ii) provide to Sponsor upon request any and all legal documents which Sponsor may require (including a W 9 tax form) in connection with acceptance and use of the Prizes. Noncompliance with any condition will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Winner.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical errors in the rules or any nature of technical malfunction, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failure of any telephone network, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website or any combination thereof related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of the Sponsor that corrupts or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in any manner. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated or cancelled prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be made at www.Signature.com Entries that have been tampered with or altered will be deemed void. The use of any system or agent to submit entries in connection with this Sweepstakes is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes.
8. NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY BY SPONSOR: Sponsor makes no warranties, representations or guarantees with respect to the merchantability, quality, or fitness for a particular purpose of the Prizes or any component of the Prizes. By accepting the Prizes, Entrants release and discharge Sponsor and Excluded Parties from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with the Prizes, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind.
9. OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES: Immediately upon entry, all entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned except as herein described.
10. NAME OF WINNER: For the name of the Winner, available after January 3, 2014, send a stamped, self addressed envelope to:
The Random House Publishing Group,
A Division of Random House LLC
New York, New York 10019
11. GOVERNING LAW: All disputes and questions regarding the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or concerning the rights and obligations of any participant and/or the Sponsor, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New York. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained there.
12. SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by The Random House Publishing Group, a division of Random House, LLC, 1745 Broadway, New York, New York 10019.